For something to feel profound it has to:
1) Be useful.
2) Be new (to me).
3) Hit me at just the right moment.
Because (3) almost certainly won’t be true for you, I’m not sure how useful this page will be. That said, with all the junk out there it seems worth noting when I find some gold.
- Slate Star Codex If I had to pay 10k/year to access this blog, I would.
- Marginal Revolution
- Overcoming Bias (Robin Hanson)
- Alexey Guzey
- Patrick Collision (CEO/Co-Founder of Stripe)
- Tobi Lütke (CEO/Founder of Shopify)
- Kevin Systrom (Co-Founder of Instagram)
- Jason Fried (CEO/Co-Founder of Basecamp)
- Arianna Huffington (Founder of The Huffington Post)
- Edward Norton (Actor)
Stronger by Science Funny discussions of strength and body building research.
- Michelle Dawson (Autism Researcher) What is Autism? One answer: most people have to form categories in order to process information. Those with Autism do not.
- Neal Stephenson (Science Fiction Author)
- Robin Hanson (Social Sciences Professor) Social signaling, prediction markets, and more.
- Patrick Collison (CEO/Co-Founder of Stripe)
The Portal I’m not sure if I’d recommend this podcast generally, yet, but there are a few episodes I would recommend.
- Tyler Cowen (Economist)
- Breat Easton Ellis (Author) They talk a lot about the nihilism of growing up Gen X in LA.
- Start Small Stay Small by Rob Walling
- The Lean Startup by Eric Reis
- Traction by Gabriel Weinberg and Justin Mares
- The Effective Executive by Peter Drucker
- The Personal MBA by Josh Kaufman
- Letters from a Stoic by Seneca the Younger
- Meditations by Marcus Aurelius
- The Courage to be Disliked by Fumitake Koga and Ichiro Kishimi
- Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance by Robert Pirsig
- The War of Art by Steven Pressfield
Hard to Describe
- Superforecasting by Philip Tetlock Predictions.
- The Elephant in the Brain by Robin Hanson Psychology.
- Inadequate Equilibria by Elizer Yudkowsky Rationality.
- Firebase to minimize the backend code you have to write.
- Netlify to easily host websites for free.
- Tailwind to iterate on CSS more quickly.
- Notion to organize notes.